The Ontario Human Rights Code protects people from discrimination in the following areas:
• Ancestry, colour, race
• Ethnic origin
• Place of origin
• Family status
• Marital status (including single status)
• Gender identity, gender expression
• Receipt of public assistance (in housing only)
• Record of offences (in employment only)
• Sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or
• Sexual orientation
We have the knowledge and experience to examine your circumstances and advise you if you may have a Human Rights claim.
We assist people in taking back their dignity. Discrimination can often leave people feeling helpless and victimized. We work closely with clients to make sure that they are informed and understand what is happening at all steps of the process. This could mean representing someone claiming that their Human Rights have been violated, or responding to an allegation.